Monday 13 January 2014

ELF Baked Blush in Rich Rose - Review

Bonjour!

The Elf Baked Blush is one of the products from my recent Elf Haul which you can see here.  It comes in four colours, the two which grabbed me the most were Passion Pink and Rich Rose - after some deliberation  (I am a deliberator!) I went for Rich Rose ...

A picture of Elf Baked Blush in Rich Rose
A picture of Elf Baked Blush in Rich Rose
A picture of Elf Baked Blush in Rich Rose

Now, granted, it does look like the surface of a dark planet from the outer regions in the pan but do not be alarmed!  It's a warm burnished rose shade with a golden shimmer to it but not in a 'big chunks of glitter' type of way.  I wouldn't say this is the most pigmented of products I've used but it's a lovely combination of blush and highlighter which lasts surprising well - I've applied first thing before work over foundation (Bare Minerals) and it's lasted pretty much all day. Lasts a little less over a BB but I'm not complaining.  It's really easy to apply - a quick swirl around the pan gives a gleaming (but not sweaty looking!) healthy glow and it can be built up a little if you want a bit more colour. However, the more you apply the more highlighter comes along so unless you want to look like an extra from Goldfinger then maybe don't overdo it!

Swatched above and blended below ...

A picture of Elf Baked Blush in Rich Rose

Spot the gleaming cheek!



Rich Rose is a lovely product which I seem to be grabbing most mornings as it gives the old kite a bit of a lift which is so welcome at this time of year!  At the usual price of £3.75 it would have been a bargain - mine was half price! Going to have to try Passion Pink now! You can check out the Elf  Baked Blushes on their website here.

Have you tried the Elf Baked Blush - which colour is your favourite?

Jen x




14 comments:

  1. The colour is so pretty - much nicer swatched than in the pan. Really suits you Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Sasha - it's so much better swatched - and thanks! xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous shimmer, looks so natural and glowy :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colour, really suits you. I think I'm overdue some elf purchases :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried any of e.l.f.'s Baked Blushes. This looks like a beautiful shade!

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first - won't be my last I don't think!

      Delete
  5. I have this one and I am yet to wear it for some reason. Looks lovely on your lovely face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so cute Jenny & your cheeks are glowing! I must check out Elf when I need make up next! Ax



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about glowing cheeks here Andrea! You must check out Elf - keep a look out for discounts too! xx

      Delete
  7. I would never pick this up from the pan but it looks so much prettier on!

    From one Jen to another!

    Barely There Beauty | UK Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...