Sunday 6 October 2013

Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturising Lotion - Review

Bonjour!

The Aveeno range has been on offer (25% off) at Sainsbury's over the last week or so. I took the opportunity to stock up on one of my favourites - the Aveeno Skin Relief Shea Butter Moisturising Lotion.  My current 200ml tube has finished so I went for the 300ml pump bottle (and then went back a few days later and bought another to put away for a rainy day - I don't like to run out of this product!).

A picture of Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturising Lotion

I don't use this as a body lotion unless I'm having one of my extra itchy, irritated skin episodes - it's kept in the kitchen/dining room and used as a hand cream.  It performs just as well, if not better, than many 'proper handcreams' I've used.  Although it's described as a lotion it has a creamy texture and is not at all thin or runny but still easily absorbed  - as you may be able to see from the above blob (every time I hear the word 'blob' I just think of Blackadder!) and speaking of 'blobs' that one up there is all I need for my hands in one go!

At times when my eczema has been playing up or when my hands are very dry and cracked from over-washing or stress this is one of the products which I know I can count on to soothe and rehydrate with no greasy residue. It's like locking in a protective layer of moisture on your hands - something I always crave - especially during the winter months.  There is no fragrance or fancy packaging but if you want a paraben free product that is extremely gentle and highly effective then this is a good place to start I reckon.  You can read about the naturally active ingredients included in Aveeno products on their own website here.

I have used and repurchased both the Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturising Lotion and also the Daily Moisturising Lotion, which is a little lighter, for a while now. The Daily Moisturising Lotion was included in my Rescue Products post which you can see here. Both work well for me in place of the Aveeno 'official' hand cream (which I always seemed to get through in no time at all) and are very cost effective (especially when on offer) as they last for ages.  This 300ml pump of Skin Relief Lotion at £3.56 after discount was cheaper than the 200ml tube - not sure why but who's complaining?

Have you used any products from Aveeno? Which is your favourite?

Jen x



2 comments:

  1. I love Aveeno products, they do wonders to my dry flaky skin.

    MyLushBox

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...